More initiatives on young carers implemented by the project partners (beyond the Me-We Project):
- the TOYAC project (ANS, CT), which pooled experiences and good practices regarding young adult carers from EU countries;
- the CARE2WORK project (ANS, LNU), which tackles needs of employment, education and training of YCs from minority ethnic groups;
- the EPYC project (ANS, CT), which provides youth workers with tools and skills to support YCs;
- the Young Carers’ Mental Health Toolkit (CT), which produced resources for promoting positive mental health and well-being;
- the web-based tool Young Carer App , which enable online peer and professional support via chat, posts and messages.
- Eurocarers Policy Briefing on Young Carers
- the Edy-Care Project, which aims to empower school professionals to recognise adolescent young carers in classes and maximize their learning opportunities.
- Eurocarers activities on young carers
Further resources on young carers
- the Young Carers Strategy for Scotland, including individual services, national camps and parties for AYCs.
- Supporting Young Carers in School: A Step-by-step Guide for Leaders, Teachers and Non-teaching Staff, Carers Trust and The Children’s Society
- Caring Young Spotlight Program –Model –Pilot and Resources Report, Carers SA (2017)
- Young Carer Transition Points, Carers SA (2017)
- Young Carers – What Next, Carers SA (2016)